Issue #1: To remove the additional $25 annual chapter fee to fund the Louisiana FFA Foundation that was implemented at the 83rd State FFA Convention
- There is already a mandatory chapter fee in place to fund the Louisiana FFA Foundation.
- The Louisiana FFA Foundation is financially sound.
- The purpose of the Foundation is to raise funding fro sponsors to aid the Association.
Submitted By: Loranger FFA
Issue #2: To modify how Blue and Gold Teams are determined for Career Development Event Contests.
- The purpose of this issue is to allow the top 4 scoring CDE contestants from each chapter to be grouped together instead of designating each team prior to the CDE. Each chapter will bring their maximum allowable number of contestants per CDE. For example, A Blue and Gold Chapter will be allowed 8 contestants, but the two teams will be decided based on their scores. The top 4 scoring contestants from that chapter will be placed on one team and the bottom 4 scoring contestants will be placed on the other team. The competition will then be a true indication of the most qualified chapter to win each CDE. (Note: This rule would only be applicable for some CDE’s and Chapters with Blue and Gold status.)
Submitted By: Central Lafourche FFA
Issue #3: State Officer Candidates shall not be allowed to be nominated from the floor for a state office if they do not advance past the first round of eliminations by the state officer nominating committee.
- This will better the Louisiana FFA state officer selection process because it will only allow candidates that are better qualified to serve as a state FFA officer to run for an office.
Submitted By: Ponchatoula FFA
Issue #4: Offer an Affiliation Fee Program as an option to all Louisiana Schools having Agricultural Education programs in their schools.
- Approval of this issue will provide local Agriculture Education programs in Louisiana the option to use the Affiliation Fee Program or the Traditional Dues structure to provide FFA membership to agricultural education students.
Submitted By: Louisiana Association of FFA